Monday 22 November 2010

3.2.1...Reshoot

On Monday, Ms Matthews and Ms Pemberton granted me permission to borrow the camera and take the lessons off to film.  VOX popping occupied Monday and Wednesday, but it was going dark when I got back from school on Monday and the light was deficient, filming was carried through to Wednesday.

First of all, I reshot the VOX pops in Clapham High Street and on Oxford Street.  When I went up to Clapham High Street, I forgot my tape so I had to get my mum to go back and get it, as I'd already set up the camera, tripod and boom.  I managed to film and I'm happy with the answers on Clapham High Street, but I'm not so sure about Oxford Street.  On Thursday I filmed from the picturesque Primrose Hill in north London, and captured breathtaking shots on to the camera.  Alongside the filming at Primrose Hill, I went to the other side of London, to Dulwich, to film at Canonbie Road.  A very lovely woman let me in to her house to allow me to film the amazing view from her back garden.  Despite it being cloudy, I still managed to get the shots I needed, but she said that I could come back to film from her house any day.

On Friday, I went to the Southbank to interview the street performers there and they gave the best answers.  I'm positive that I don't need to shoot anymore interviews.  I also shot the skate park there because it looked interesting.

The weather forecast has been unreliable this week, when it says it's sunny, it's raining and when it says it's going to rain, it is actually sunny.  I needed to film the timelapse sequence before it's due back on Monday, so I took my chances and woke up early to go to film at Gallion's Reach.  On Saturday morning, I woke up at 4.30am.  I ended up waiting an hour for the tube station to open, got the tube to Gallion's Reach and film, only to find it was cloudy.  Today I tried again because it was forecast to be sunny, only to be stopped by the Police because they thought I was filming London City Airport and the aeroplanes, which I wasn't.  They stopped to take my details down, which took 20 minutes.  I was late for school as a result.  At least I got the time-lapse sequence I wanted, kind of.

When I parted with the filming equipment today, I felt so disheartened.  I've got so emotionally entangled with filming because I've invested all of my emotion in to it and I feel I want to film more, even though I have every shot listed on the storyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment